Lunatec fusion 30 and 40 bond without adhesives.
Milled sports insole
Area of application: Customised insole, milled sports insole
Used materials: Lunatec combiCAD 2
a three-layer, 35 mm EVA milling material
Lunatec combiCAD 2 is a vulcanised composite made of 25 mm Lunatec CAD 35 (approx. 35 Shore A) and 7 mm Lunasoft Z (approx. 25 Shore A) as well as a 3 mm stabilising layer for optimal suction.
- high-grade nora® quality, made in Germany
- hygienic, closed cell EVA material
- permanent bond with a firm base
- soft material borders (no lamination)
- SG pollutant tested
- dermatologically tested skin compatibility
Because of the material choice, the composite sheet Lunatec combiCAD 2, and the dual-sided milling process, the manufacturing of the milled sports insole is fairly simple and executed in only a few steps.
- After examining and scanning the feet, the insoles are designed on a computer.
- Then, this data is being transferred to the CAM-System.
- The Lunatec combiCAD 2 milling block is cut to size and is firstly put into the milling machine with the bottom part to the top, and is milled on that side.
- Then, the milling block is turned around and the individually designed shape of the insoles is being milled.
- Now, the insoles are milled out of the block, only the holding bar is remaining. The holding bars are cut with a knife and the insoles can be taken out of the block.
- Afterwards, the insoles become their finishing touches. Uneven parts can be removed with a polishing belt.
- The 3D-Scan does not replace the classical working steps like blueprint or impression box. With the help of an online software the more detailed designing of the insoles and all important elements are being fit in height and width exactly to the foot.
- Benefit of dual-sided milling: The insoles are customised exactly to the middle sole of the shoes that the patient is wearing. The dual-sided milling saves valuable time of manual rework like extensive grinding.
- When working with the milling material a significant difference becomes apparent: The material is easy to work with and achieves excellent values when tested for elongation at break, tensile strengh and recovery time. Plus: There is no lamination, so there are no disruptive glue lines between layers.