Children’s shoes with Astro expanded rubber soling sheet, profile Sunflower.
Diagnosis: Diabetes mellitus; Diabetic foot
Patient: approx. 80 kg
Base: Lunatec combi 2 (16 mm) vulcanised composite sheet with Lunairflex (bedding, 6 mm) and Lunasoft SLW (permanently resilient, 10 mm)
Top layer: Lunairmed (3 mm) in colour 27 light blue
The diabetes-adapted footbed is build up from various soft layers in a sandwich technique, after taking a cast of the foot.
You are able to reduce pressure spots on exposed parts of the foot and simultaneously obtain even load trough pressure distribution.
Using Lunatec combi sheets enables an efficient working process as it saves time and therefore money.
How to make a diabetes-adapted footbed of nora® EVA materials Lunatec combi 2 and Lunairmed:
- Cut out Norit or Norit L, so it serves as a placeholder for the top layer of Lunairmed. Warm up the material for 2 minutes.
- For heat moulding put the material over the last in a vacuum press. Press on it and cool down completely so material will stay in shape (4 minutes). Placeholder stays on the last and holds space for Lunairmed.
- Draw and cut Lunatec combi 2 with an extra of 1.5 cm of material. Heat it up for 9 minutes.
- For heat moulding put the material over the last in a vacuum press. Press on it and cool down completely so material will stay in shape. Cooling time: approx. 18 minutes.
- Grind insole to shape.
- Cut Lunairmed with an extra of 1.5 cm of material. Put glue on both surfaces evenly with a glue that is based on polychloropren (CR). Allow for a drying time until there are no visible wet areas anymore.
- Glue in the top layer of Lunairmed.
- Trim off excess material and grind edges of the insole to shape so they fit inside the individual shoes.
- Setting of the oven: 130°C | 260°F
- When gluing in the top layer from the middle to the edges, roll down the material towards the edges to prevent bubbles.
- The „cold-bonding“ of the top layer guarantees, that the bedding softness of the material remains and no compression takes place.