Children’s shoes with Astro expanded rubber soling sheet, profile Sunflower.
The orthopedic bathing shoe
Used materials: Lunasoft SL in 6 mm for the bathing shoe body, Astro 110 Geo profile for the front and rear cap as well as the soling.
More materials are used for the footbed and the shoe base.
The orthopedic bathing shoe is a light and waterproof shoe with a continuous sole. It contains the relevant pair of insoles and is made over an individual last.
The following steps concentrate on the manufacture of the bathing shoe, based on the fact that the footbed was made from Lunatec combi 6 in advance, on which a Norit L midsole is fixed. These are positioned on the last:
- Cut Lunasoft SL to bladder size, fix it and heat it up with the top heat of the deep-drawing press. If the material sags slightly, it should be optimally warmed. Heating time: approx. 2-4 minutes
- Place the last on wooden sticks (for it to be a bit higher) and pull the Lunasoft SL bladder evenly over the last. Form with your hands to prevent wrinkles, especially in the heel area.
- Let it cool completely so that the material stays in shape.
Cooling time: approx. 6-8 minutes
- Remove the moulded shoe and cut it out with an extra of 2-3 cm.
- For optimal, wrinkle-free adhesive wrapping, cut small triangles from the excess material in the forefoot and heel area
- Coat the outer edge of the midsole and Lunasoft SL with adhesive and let it dry and then glue it on carefully.
- Cut out Lunasoft SL for the filling, coat with adhesive, allow to dry and glue to the midsole, then grind smooth.
- Use a paper template to mark and roughen the areas for the front and rear caps.
- Coat with adhesive and allow to dry the front and rear cap areas as well as the cut and cleanly ground cap parts made of Astro 110 Geo profile.
- Brief activation and glue front and back cap to the shoe.
- Grinding of the newly glued areas.
Then the individual build up of the shoe base takes place, at the end a sole made of Astro 110 Geo profile is applied. The shaft is cut open at the top, a hole is punched at the lower end of the entry with a round punch. The bathing shoe is freed from the last and sanded. In addition, small holes should be drilled on the sides so that penetrating water can drain off and does not make the shoe unnecessarily heavy.
- The (new) sheet size of approx. 1140 x 740 mm is ideally suited for 4 cuts .
- Wrinkles in the heel area can be optimally removed by activating with a hot air dryer.
- The remaining pieces of the bladder made of Lunasoft SL can be further processed, e.g. for the filling. After reactivation in the oven, the material can also be reshaped.
- To improve the anti-slip effect of the sole , you can slightly roughen the profile.