Lunatec fusion 30 and 40 bond without adhesives.
Soft cushioning insole
with stabilisation in the longitudinal arch
Patient: approx. 80 kg
Characteristics: high arch
Lunatec fusion 30 (smooth, 6 mm)
Function: Forefoot cushioning
Lunatec fusion 40 (smooth, 8 mm)
Function: Stabilisation in rearfoot area
Lunatec fusion 40 (perforated, 8 mm)
Function: Stabilisation with high arch
Due to the material choise the manufacturing is fairly simple and executed in only a few steps without any adhesive at all.
- Cut out the materials.
- Grind Lunatec fusion 30 well in contact area and grind Lunatec fusion 40 (smooth) in wedge shape to avoid edges and then heat in oven at 130 °C // 266 °F.
Warm up times:
8 mm material approx. 4 minutes
(slightly less with perforated material)
6 mm material approx. 3 minutes
- Place all materials correctly on last, deep draw and make sure that sufficient pressure is applied to the drawing bladder. Press material firmly during the deep drawing process to prevent air insertions.
Cooling time: approx. 8 minutes
- Grind insoles to shape.
The insoles are ready for use immediately after cooling down.
- You don’t need any adhesive at all. The heated materials bond together permanently under pressure during the cooling phase.
- It is important to cleanly sand the contact surfaces of the half sole wedge-shaped to avoid edges and ensure ideal bonding.
- For reliable bonding roughen smooth materials and use a perforated material.