Children’s shoes with Astro expanded rubber soling sheet, profile Sunflower.
Sandal with a footbed
Area of application: Strap sandal with a footbed
Used materials: The sandal with a footbed is made of Lunasoft SLW (approx. 30 Shore A) in 20 mm and Lunasoft SL (approx. 40 Shore A) in 6 mm as well as a non-directional outsole of Astrolight in 4 mm.
The leather strap has been purchased from an upper shoe manufacturer.
- high-grade nora® quality, made in Germany
- hygienic, closed cell EVA material
- washable and disinfectable
- SG pollutant tested
- dermatologically tested skin compatibility
How to make a sandal with a footbed:
- Draw and cut Lunasoft SLW, Lunasoft SL and Astrolight Delta with an extra of 1-2 cm of material.
- After warming up Lunasoft SLW in the oven for 6-7 minutes, put it over the last for heat moulding in the vacuum press.
- Cool down completely so material will stay in shape. Cooling time: approx. 12 minutes.
- Grind base material of the sandal to shape and bear in mind especially the roller and the spraying.
- Drill a hole to pass through the strap. Alternatively: use a die-cut. Pass through the leather strap (twofold).
- Mark the exact position of the strap directly on the foot of the patient and roughen Lunasoft SLW. Put glue on the relevant location of the strap with glue based on polychloropren (CR) and allow for drying. For ideal adhesion roughen Lunasoft SLW and Lunasoft SL and subsequently coat with glue.
- Stick the strap lateral and plantar and press on it! Glue twofold strap in two directions to the material
- Grind midsole and coat with glue, again allow for drying! Glue Lunasoft SLW onto Lunasoft SL. Embed the leather strap completely within the Lunasoft SL.
- Trim off excess material and grind to shape.
- Coat Lunasoft SL and Astrolight Delta with glue, allow for drying. Then glue the sole on it.
- Grind sandal neatly to shape. And voila – your thong sandal with a foodbed is finished.
- Setting of the oven: 130°C | 260°F
- When forming Lunasoft SLW to the last, metatarsal dome and toe bridge will better stay in shape, if you lay some fitting parts made of Lunalight A on it.
- For cutting preferably use a safety blade and follow the appropriate safety instructions. Alternatively: Use a belt saw or die-cut.