We carry a particular responsibility in terms of reliable quality standards, innovative product developments and highest safety measurement. The production site Weinheim with regular qualtity control stands for premium quality, made in Germany.
Our daily work focuses on technicians in the areas of orthopaedic shoe engineering and shoe repair as well as prosthetics and orthotics.
nora systems GmbH develops, produces, and markets high-quality resilient rubber floorcoverings and certified shoe components under the brand name nora®.
The company has about 800 employees in Weinheim. In 2018 nora systems has been acquired from the american company Interface inc.
Certified for your safety
As one of the first manufacturers in this industry, our company is registered in the list of companies complying with the EC Eco-Audit Ordinance under registration number D153-00016.
In the year 2000, our company was also certified under ISO 14001:2015 (environmental management systems). Certification under ISO 9001:2015 ensures the constant quality of manufacturing, sales, and marketing.
Quality and sustainability
Made in Germany signifies the implementation of sustainable standards in our production site in Weinheim. Moreover a central role constitutes energy efficiency, a eco-friendly production, and also a sustainable purchasing of raw materials as well as green logistics.
- Quality management and the exemplary environmental compatibility of our products are a matter of course for us as manufacturer.
- Base requirement is the permanent monitoring of the production facilities through a comprehensive quality management system.
- Above statutory requirements, nora® products are certified by several independent and approved test institutes to guarantee highest possible safety for our customers.
Technical Field Support
Besides the high product quality of our nora® range you can rely on a professional customer service.
Our sales representatives and technical supports in the field help you with their expertise via phone or on-site when you need technical assistance or have questions about special applications. You can count on it!
- sheet good made of EVA (foam), expanded rubber and compact rubber
- die-cut pieces and form articles
(heels, long soles, half soles, wedges)
- customised special productions
- wide selection of more than 70 colours
- graduated hardness ranges from 10 to 96 Shore A
- variety of thicknesses from 1,5 to 35 mm
- Headquarters: Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg (production, development, marketing and sales)
- Sales activities in more than 50 countries worldwide
- different sales structure depending on the local situation in each country
- no supply to private customers (patients, end users)
nora looks back upon more than 80 years of history: The advantages of the fascinating material rubber were recognized at an early point. Since then, innovative developments, pioneering production methods, and uncompromising quality assurance have been creating floorcoverings and shoe components of the highest quality. The production of shoe components began in the 1930s. Flooringcoverings have been in production since 1949.
Today, in the business sector of shoe components, nora systems GmbH offers a full range of products for orthopaedic shoe engineering, prosthetics and orthotics, shoe repair, and many other industrial application. The brand nora® stands for top material quality, innovative product development, and a practical and varied product range.
EVA sheets from nora® production have advanced to become the material standard in orthopaedic shoe engineering; the standard that provides orientation for the entire industry. In their variety of colours and their different levels of mixture hardnesses and densities, nora® EVA sheets have been instrumental in the pioneering development of the craft.
The Brand nora®
We often get the question as to where the name nora® comes from. As early as the 1930s, production of gaskets and shoe soles began in Weinheim. The chemist responsible for the development of rubber mixtures was Dr. Nürnberger. So the name nora® was taken from the Latin form of his name (Norimbergensis).
Initially, until the end of the 1940s, this brand name stood for rubber shoe soles. As production of floorcoverings began in 1949, the brand name was also used for this sector. Today, the brand nora® is known worldwide and epitomises high-quality rubber floorcoverings and shoe components.