Children’s shoes with Astro expanded rubber soling sheet, profile Sunflower.
Application area: Prosthetics
Used materials: Lunasoft SL color in 6 mm
Hardness: approx. 40 Shore A (stabilising)
Format: approx. 1140 x 740 mm or 1280 x 890 mm
Depending on the design you may also use Lunasoft SL, Lunasoft SL color plus or Lunasoft SL trendline.
nora® Lunasoft SL are very light, smooth EVA light-cell sheets that are used for beddings, insoles, soft sockets and moulded elements of all kinds. They are elastic, stable, and offer great resilience.
- high-grade nora® quality, made in Germany
- hygienic, closed cell EVA material
- thermoformable at 110°– 130° C | 230° – 260° F
- SG pollutant tested
- dermatologically tested skin compatibility
Guideline for making a soft socket from Lunasoft SL:
- Cut Lunasoft SL in a trapezoid shape so that a funnel can be formed.
- Mark and sand approx. 2 cm margin on the upper and opposite lower side so that they lie on one another in a wedge shape.
- Coat the sharpened edges with temperature-resistant contact adhesive, allow to dry, then glue evenly.
- Warm Lunasoft SL in a preheated oven at approx. 130°C | 260°F (approx. 3 minutes), while the positive plaster mould is fixed in a vice and sprinkled with talcum, if necessary.
- Take the heated funnel made of Lunasoft SL out of the oven, put it over the positive plaster mould and pull it so far that it fits everywhere. The seam should be on the calf.
- Press the top edge together and let it cool.
- Then cut off the edge with scissors and sand at an angle.
- Cut the Stump Cap with an extra of 1-2 cm and coat the edge of the soft sockets and the stump cap with adhesive.
- Briefly activate the material for the stump cap in the oven , then pull it over the soft socket and glue it together.
- Cut off any excess material and smooth the edge.
*The application example shown here also shows other materials that can be of different types. We only produce and supply the interior material Lunasoft SL in the colour 348 lime, for the manufacture of a soft socket.
For applications with shorter stumps, the soft socket can also be drawn from the plaster model in one piece. To do this, Lunasoft SL is clamped in the deep-drawing frame, heated and pulled evenly over the plaster model and moulded on.